Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mumbai belongs to all: Shahrukh Khan

Mumbai, Feb 8 : Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan said Mumbai belongs to everyone and rather everyone who came to Mumbai belongs to the city.

" Yes, it belongs to everyone," he told CNN-IBN in an interview by Rajdeep Sardesai aired on Monday.
"Mumbai doesn't belong to me, I belong to Mumbai and that's the way I see it," he said.
Shiv Sena has earlier threatened to stall the release and screening of his new film My Name is Khan for his support to the inclusion of Pakistani players in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
He said everybody who has come to Mumbai from outside, they belong to Mumbai.
"I think I am owned by Mumbai and I would also like to say this very, very clearly, that the last thing I want is anyone getting physically and emotionally damaged in this city, so anyone who tries to do it to curb a Mumbai sentiment which they assume somebody has, because they're not from here, they're doing exactly the same thing, hurting the Mumbaikars and Mumbai only," he said.
Supporting CNN-IBN's Mumbai for All campaign, he said: "Like everyone else, but you know, I don't know about that ideology, but everyone says Jai Hind, Jai Maharashtra, so it comes as a subset. So I don't know where the question is there of anyone in Mumbai thinking otherwise or in the country thinking otherwise."
"It can be 'Jai Hind, Jai Dilli', it can be 'Jai Hind, Jai Bihar', 'Jai Hind, Jai Gujarat', 'Jai Hind, Jai Kerala' , 'Jai Hind, Jai Bengal' or 'Jai Hind, Jai Maharashtra'...," he said.
The King Khan said he was bad at picking up language and so he cannot speak Marathi well.
"I am quite ashamed that I've not been able to learn it in 20 years, I am quite slow, I am not good with languages," he said.
"But, my children know it, its a natural progression," he said.
He said whatever he is today is because of Mumbai and how he can be anti-Mumbai.
He said he would speak in mind next time for any cause in which he feels he has an opinion.

No comments: