Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A.R. Rahman sweeps the Grammy Awards


Feb 2, 2010 : The Mozart of Madras A.R. Rahman has brought home yet another honor by winning not one but two Grammy Awards for his hit track 'Jai Ho' from 'Slumdog Millionaire'. Rahman won the awards under two categories- best compilation soundtrack for a motion picture and best motion picture song.
Much elated with the grand Grammy success, A.R. Rahman thanked each and everyone, who've been his greatest support across the years of his musical journey.
In an exclusive message from A.R. Rahman soon after winning the awards at the ceremony...
"I never even dreamt about winning all these awards...I once again want to thank the Almighty, my spiritual Sufi teachers Ameen Peerullah Malik Sahib."
The ever modest musician adds, "I would also take the chance to thank my whole team, Gulzar ji, Sukhwinder Singh, Tanvi Shah, Vijay Prakash.
Rahman also thanked his mentors, "I would like to thank my mentor Mani Ratnam, Shekhar Kapoor, Subhash Ghai and Andrew Lloyd Webber."
Concluding his message Rahman ends, "I would also like to thank all my extraordinary musicians from Chennai and Mumbai. My mother, father, sisters and my lovely wife and children and all my well wishers from the world who keep me going...Jai Ho! India!"

No comments: